Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My journey towards a state of Amano!

Started by RebeccaB, March 30, 2009, 11:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebeccaB

Thanks smalltownfan for the feedback.  I have modified as you suggested.  I am calling this layout #4.

Any more comments?  Do y'all think were getting closer to the base layout?

Rebecca

[attachment deleted by admin]
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

fischkopp

Wait with the rock until you have the substrate in the tank. There is no need to silicon them (will make re-scaping much harder too)

Right now, I don't like either. I would group he rock closer to the wood, leaving one side fully open for planting. The more important thing (hope I can express myself well enough here): make sure the rock a placed in a way that their lines/strata all face into the same direction. The scene will become much more 'zen'. :)

A little warning about the racks itself: they seem to be limestone and will affect the water in this case by making it harder. A few rocks shouldn't be a big problem though, and may even help to keep the calcium up.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

jetstream

Do you think the wood is a way too big for the setup? What plants are you going to put in? I think it's not easy to do the background aquascaping. No matter what plants you going to put in for foreground or the background. The wood will take away your plant's attention. Just my little opinion! ;)

dan2x38

I side with Jetstream the wood is quite big. It is the central focual point. If you had large plants like swords and tall stem plants it would like a tree stump. I like more driftwood but small branch like pieces so they look like they've fallen of a tree or the tree was a wind fall.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

RebeccaB

I KEPT THE WOOD!!! For "thee who have little faith" in the large over-sized wood...just you wait, ONCE IT FINALLY SINKS (four days and counting) you will all agree it looks AWESOME!  Well, if you don't think it looks great, that's okay b/c I will think it looks great and so will my discus!

I will post more pics of the tank set-up party I had...thanks to Charlie, fishkopp and Water Nymph!  The tank now has all the Flourite Black (med.) X 3 bags AND Flourite Black Sand x 2 bags, the water is clear and a few basic plants have been added.

We also included some rocks for a nice balance between the large tree and the hardscape.  All the tropica plants I have ordered will look great.

I should re-phrase the title of this threat to "My journey towards a state of Amano Nature Aquarium"! ::)
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

dan2x38

Rebbecca you said it... it is what you think that counts it's your tank in the end you need to like it no one else... Guess now you wrapped up the plant list you have some time for your own stuff... :)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."