Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Java moss succumbs

Started by oenology, June 06, 2005, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oenology

Just thought I would share the results of this little exeperiment: 0.3ppm of salt in a tank will kill off java moss in 18 days at 27C.

Looking for live java moss :lol:

dannypd

0.3? AS in above sea-water?

Wow...ya..

I can't even get java moss to grow in my fresh water tanks :( 30'C though...

oenology

Quote from: "dannypd"0.3? AS in above sea-water?

Wow...ya..

I can't even get java moss to grow in my fresh water tanks :( 30'C though...
Yeah - treating for ich.
I'd posted the question about the potential for the java moss's survival because I was too lazy to take it out. Consensus at the time seemed to indicate that it would be ok due to it being able to grow in brackish water....

s0me

I will have a lot of java moss for sale soon. My new 55 gallon is going to be a planted tank and I have acquired a motherload of java moss and am currently letting it grow.

gvv

I stopped selling it, as I found out how to feed my fish using it :idea:
I put my java moss into pond, leave it for several days and then put back into tank and I have free fresh bloodworms. After some time it is ready to be placed back in tank.
And the best solution to feed pl*cos is to put some stones in the same pond and let hair algae grow on it - my BN fry and adults both cleaning such stones in hours! And what is interesting kribs love it too!