Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Annual video home show

Started by charlie, February 10, 2009, 03:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

My cold water tank, which I agreed to enter, is presently in limbo.  None of the plants are planted in the gravel because I just tossed them in "for the time being".  That was a month ago. :-[  Don't worry plant people, they're still ok, but the leaves are curved up to the lights.  The manzanita sticks are just randomly laying on the bottom of the tank and because I didn't have anywhere to soak them separately, the water is really brown with tannins.  Just like Nerine's tank, all the walls are covered in algae. 

In a couple of weeks it's going to be moved to it's new permanent location in the baby's room, at which time I'll be actually planting the plants, running a canister full of charcoal in it and making things look decent before Nerine comes over with the camera :).  It's not going to be magazine worthy and a little embarrassing compared to last year's entry but I'm entering it because there are some fascinating odd-ball fish in there!

So if I'm willing to enter my cold water tank in whatever state it's in when she comes over, what do you people have to be so shy about?!

Come on...you know you wanna...go ahead and enter! :D

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

UPDATE: since the response has been less than stellar, if anyone would like to show multiple tanks ( within reason  ;)) , please contact me with details.
Regards

Anja

I just came back from a long vacation in the old country to algae overgrown jungles (but the fish seem happy, which is the main thing). I hadn't planned to enter any tanks. Nothing special here. But I'm ready to fill the breach for a planted tank. *rolls up sleeves and gets the scraping blade out* So count me in.  :)
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

charlie

So here is the final  list of members showing their tanks , we will be in contact very shortly to set up a day & time to record your tanks, thanks for your willingness to particpate
Dan 2x38
Fishnut
Nerine
alongfortheride
Fischkopp
Clouxles
Anja
Charlie

Nerine

I'm shocked in the lack of response to this and am disappointed...there are some tanks out there I'd like to see!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Jeff1192

I was hoping to enter mine....but I'm still waiting for a plant that I want to finish re-aquascaping the right half of the tank....I didn't think I wanted to enter a tank that was only nicely done on one side  ;D

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

dan2x38

What is the date for the viedo taping? I am going to have to prune soon but don't want freshly topped plants displayed. It doesn't look as or very nice.
Voltaire:

charlie

Quote from: charlie on April 06, 2009, 07:29:33 AM
So here is the final  list of members showing their tanks , we will be in contact very shortly to set up a day & time to record your tanks, thanks for your willingness to particpate
Dan 2x38
Fishnut
Nerine
alongfortheride
Fischkopp
Clouxles
Anja
Charlie

PM has been sent to the above list for scheduling a visit from our resident videographer, please get back to me by PM ASAP.
Regards

dan2x38

Thanks Nerine for stopping in and shooting my fish... with a camera that is.  No fish were harmed in the making of this video...  ::)
Voltaire:

Nerine

it was a pleasure! your tanks look great!
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

charlie

If anyone who participated in the home show did not get a copy of the Disc, please PM me & make arrangements to come & get one.
Only for the members who participated.

Fishnut

Thanks Nerine for doing such a fabulous job on the video taking and editing!  You made all of our tanks look fantastic.

sas

Just a thought, but I was wondering if a copy of the
"Video Home Show" would be making it's way to the
library?

RossW

Or even better YouTube.

Quote from: sas on May 27, 2009, 06:59:47 AM
Just a thought, but I was wondering if a copy of the
"Video Home Show" would be making it's way to the
library?

garnpet

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

bitterman

Quote from: RossW on May 27, 2009, 07:22:53 AM
Or even better YouTube.

+1 for YouTube  I like the fack also that aparently every video you watch of youtube cost google $1 US :D

Bruce

Nerine

I did make a disc for the library...there was one for each of the people who participated and one for the library! not sure where they all went though....

I think it has to be smushed in file size to go on youtube...but I can do it

charlie

Quote from: Nerine on May 27, 2009, 08:45:41 AM
I did make a disc for the library...there was one for each of the people who participated and one for the library! not sure where they all went though....

I think it has to be smushed in file size to go on youtube...but I can do it
I have all the disc, one will be forwarded to the Library

sas

Quote from: charlie on May 27, 2009, 12:19:22 PM
I have all the disc, one will be forwarded to the Library

Oh good, that's wonderful.