Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Garage sale - poll

Started by garnpet, July 07, 2009, 10:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

After the last OVAS Giant Auction several people mentioned that a garage sale early in the season would be a good idea.  We have discussed this at the past couple of Exec meetings and have come up with some ideas.

In a nutshell, OVAS would arrange for a indoor garage sale location either late September/early October, sellers would be able to rent tables (or half tables) at a nominal fixed price and we would hold a garage sale/membership drive to start off the season.  The table rental costs would be used to cover the cost of the room rental.

Unlike the Giant Auction, OVAS would not charge a commission on the items sold, nor would we act as cashiers for the event.

Please indicate your interest by voting in the poll.  Any suggestions are more than welcome.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

invisibleshopper

So this would be any items - not just fish related?  Who can sell - just members?  What about small business'?

KLT

garnpet

The garage sale would be fish related equipment only.  Selling item would be open to members and non-members.

Nyx

Is there any more news regarding the OVAS garage sale?
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

garnpet

I plan to book a date and location this week before heading out on vacation.

JD

Hoping I am not working...I have several items I would love to sell/trade.

Vincenzo.

^^serious, i got bunch-a stuff to get rid of too.

Malyon18

This sounds like something that may be very interesting looking forward to it if it happens.
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

garnpet

Sorry, but I was not able to book anything this week as it appears that everyone who works for the city of Ottawa was on vacation. 

However, we do have a tentative (extremal tentative) date of Saturday the 26th of September in mind.  We would have setup from about 8am - 10am and the garage sale running until around 2pm.

Nyx

Thanks for the update, garnpet :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

garnpet

Ok, we have the 26th of September booked for the garage sale/membership drive.  More details on how to sign up to be a seller will follow.

cichlidicted

ohh finally its done on the weekend !! this is a great idea.... perfect timing for my 90g planted tank "to be".

will you also post what the selllers will bring ??

Heidi

maybe i missed it....location??
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

garnpet

Quote from: cichlidicted on August 05, 2009, 05:30:26 PM
will you also post what the selllers will bring ??
There will be no registering of items and therefor no posting of items that people are bringing.

Quote from: Heidi on August 05, 2009, 05:50:45 PM
maybe i missed it....location??
It will be at J.A. Dulude arena, where we hold our monthly meetings.

Blackstitch

I'm not sure about other people, but I see this as the perfect opportunity to get rid of a few things that I've been meaning to get rid of for a while now.

charlie

Quote from: garnpet on July 14, 2009, 01:56:33 PM
The garage sale would be fish related equipment only.  Selling item would be open to members and non-members.
This is also the perfect opportunity to buy your yearly membership for the first time or renew you existing one.
http://ovas.ca/index.php?page=2

smalltownfan

Looking forward to the garage sale, we're moving and I'll be tearing down a few tanks :'(
90g with stand, glass top & lights - cichlid substrate - lots of rocks
55g with stand, glass top & lights - eco substrate
35g with stand, glass top & lights- eco substrate
27g bowfront, glass top & lights - crack in bottom -good for reptiles
25g with stand, glass top & lights- pea gravel
10g with glass top & lights

Assorted filters & accessories

2 dozen ass't cichlids, syno's, cories, lots of tetras, cherry shrimp

Plants - to many to name

But when we get to the new place I get to start the 220g  ;D

FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

garnpet

There will be a thread started in September with all the details and people can post their items at that time.

Fishnut

DARNIT!!!  I'm going to miss it!!  I have to go to a conference that same weekend :(

Maybe I'll send hubby and baby...lol...that's a pipe dream :)