Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquascaping - wow

Started by Hookup, August 24, 2009, 04:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookup

http://translate.google.es/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naclu2.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D11%3Aaquascaping%26catid%3D4%3Anumero-2&sl=es&tl=en&hl=es&ie=UTF-8

Um, yeah,well hopefully that link lasts.  The text is not OMG azmazing.. in fact, it'd be great if someone would steal the photos and create an article that we could have on the site here...

the design concepts are very, very good... look thru the photos of that link.

Dave and Diane

excellent article , thank you for the link.

lost_at_sea

To do this much work on your rockwork, isn't it almost impossible to complete it on Live Rock?

To do this properly wouldn't you almost have to create the structure on Base rock and then seed the tank with Live Rock??  I'm loving the idea of the vertical pillars!!!

It's great timing with this article since I FINALLY got my 90g/stand etc delivered to my place last night and aquascaping has been on my mind since :)

Thanks!

Hookup

For my next project tank, I will be putting all of the LR in my sump and using ONLY (or darn near only) DIY rock for the aquascaping.

If a person did not have a sump that could accomidate that, then I would only modify the process slightly.  I would build all my rock out of DIY rock and get things looking exactly the way I wanted... then after filling the tank and getting things ready, I'd throw LR into the tank anywhere, and let it seed the DIY rock for a while (dunno, maybe 2months?, not sure)... anyhow.. it'd look horrible, just piles of it laying around... then over time, i'd take out the LR and sell it off....

lvrt43

Want to Aquascape ---- Try this look !

Ranked professionaly #7 in the world

2nd Photo is ranked #1

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hookup

Those are absolutely fantastic...  thanks for sharing!

Vincenzo.

all that is crazy. eventually ill have a DT like that.