Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Reef Friendly Trigger Fish - any experiences with Blue Throat or Pink Tail?

Started by daversea, August 26, 2009, 07:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daversea

Hi all,

I'm looking for any input on long term experience with supposed relatively reef friendly Trigger Fish,
such as the Blue Throat and or Pink Tail. 

From what I have read and deduced that if these Triggers are not fed well the cleaner crew may be targets as their food and that they are jumpers.

I'd hate to see my cleaning crew eaten and don't particularly want to put a glass lid on the tank thus filtering light. 

Any input is greatly appreciated.

dave

mikerobart

No personal experience... but a blue throat in one of Ray's holding tanks hangs out with a few dozen tiny cleaner shrimps and various other cuc and seemed very peaceful... I remember him saying it has not been any trouble.

So your not going to splurge on a cross-hatch?  :o I don't blame you... but if I had a few extra dollars, space in my tank and wanted a real "show piece" kinda fish... those things are gorgeous!

Severum

I've had a bluethroat in my tank for 18 months now. I've had a few shrimp go missing but I don't want to blame the trigger without any proof. I did notice him bite down on a large nassarius snail the other day though.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

heater15

Never had any problems with my blue throat in my reef tank and no dead cuc either and doesn't jump either