Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Lighting on a reef-tank

Started by Hookup, September 01, 2009, 12:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvini55

JD

Snider82

awsome hookup,  thats what i'v been looking into at the moment.  been looking for soem good read's.

thanks!

Hookup

Quote from: salvini55 on September 01, 2009, 03:59:54 PM
I wish i wasnt so tired!!  >:(

Try reading that 3 part article then see how frigg'n tired you are.. omg its longggggg wiiiinnnndddeeeedddddd... 

Vincenzo.

lighting is my downfall. so many factors. SO many Opinions.

Hookup

Quote from: Vince. on September 01, 2009, 10:03:13 PM
lighting is my downfall. so many factors. SO many Opinions.

You are not alone.  There simply is not enough information about what corals need for lighting to make any concrete statements about color or growth.  And, unfortunately or fortunately, the hobby is going through a transition away from 10k bulbs to high spectrums.  This has lead to a host of end-results from various people within the hobby world which further complicates the overall issue.

Sufices to say, we are very much in an age of "try it, see what happens, try something else, see if it's better, change again... ".  Of course, the major issue is that in general our systems are not static, therefore the other variables such as water quality, avaiable nutrients/food, etc, etc come into play during the trial-and-experiementation with lighting making most results suspect at best.

Vincenzo.

we know so little of this hobby.