Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What is OVAS

Started by charlie, September 28, 2009, 09:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

I thought i should start this thread in a effort to clear up an apparent confusion among some forum community members, this stemmed from a conversation i had with a forum member at the club`s inaugural garage sale/membership drive recently.

This is my understanding of OVAS & may be subject to correction.
The Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society aka OVAS is a organised not for profit aquatic hobby club, it is a subscribing member club  of the  "Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs" www.caoac.ca, which boast some 50+  member clubs , infact CAOAC just celebrated it`s 50Th anniversary.
OVAS has been established 50 + years in the Ottawa Valley, hopefully some of the more knowledgeable members can input the exact history of this club, this web presence is said to have evolved to it`s present interactive state from a static page sometime around 2001-2002 & has always been a publication/on-line extension of the club, as a club it strives to fulfill it`s mandate through several programs including this free to all web presence , to do this a subscribed membership is a significant source of revenue to execute it`s efforts.
Regards Errol AKA "Charlie"
I invite anyone with more accurate and /or detailed information of the club history to please feel free to share it in this thread