Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Leather Time Lapse

Started by tskinner, September 05, 2009, 05:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tskinner

Well I've always been fascinated with time lapse photography so I figured I give it a try today.  The video is about 1700 shots crammed down into 3 minutes.  I'd like to be able to make it alittle faster (currently at 12 FPS but would like to get around 20 FPS).  The pics were taken with a Rebel Xsi using remote control software from my PC.  I'll a new FTS and some other pics in my build thread later.  Thanks for looking and hope you like the video.

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/tskinner2002/?action=view&current=LeatherTimeLapse.flv

Hookup

salvini55

Would be better faster but wicked none the less. My fav part is at 1:40 when the blue leg walks by the zoos and the close in a flash and re-open.

smalltownfan

Really cool, and that's a first attempt? Nicely framed and perfectly focused. Not the usual Youtube blurry video.

Looking forward to more

Hank
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

FocusFin

Really well done, my favorite part is the closing/opening zoos.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

tskinner

Thanks.  I'm making another now over the next few days to capture a difference bunch of stuff and it will be faster...around 24fps.  I've been trying to catch my acan opening but by the time I wake up, he's already partially there from sunlight through the window.  And I'm also going to do a 24 full tank one as well. 

Hookup

awesome...

what software are you  using to combine the individual photos???

tskinner

There are alot of options.....Quicktime Pro or Windows Movie Maker.  QP allows you to control the speed but WMM only goes around 8 FPS.  I'll have more videos up tomorrow.  Not sure if this can be moved to a different category or not.  Mod's please move to approiate cat if neccessary