Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

birdnest bleeching.

Started by Vincenzo., September 02, 2009, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincenzo.

any ideas? my params are great.

could it be that it was out side the tank for about 10minutes? when can i expect some color back?

Funkmotor

Quote from: Vince. on September 02, 2009, 08:24:32 PM
could it be that it was out side the tank for about 10minutes? when can i expect some color back?
Did it get cold/hot/dry while out of the tank?

Hookup

sudden bleaching... odd... watch that it's not RTN..

btw, why was it out of water for 10min?

Vincenzo.

it was out because i was dismantling my frag tank.  meanwhile putting all the frags in..my rock work collapsed  pieces everywhere. i took a few frags out on egg crate and the birds nest was the last to go back in. it might have been temp change. deff cooler in my rooms since i have central air. I HOPE.

Hookup

if it's just bleaching... you'll be fine...

if not, it's just a birdsnest... i can give you a good frag if needed to re-grow it (tri color or pink)

Sucks, but in general it happens to everyone at one point or another, for one reason or another...

Vincenzo.

ya and while moving some other frags, a few arms broke off. a rare zoo went missing. a frag of toadstool shriveled up like going swimming in december. 1 snail died from tank conversion.
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kole18

I think there's something wrong with your water maybe too acid or over dose your suppliment that happened to me in the passed, I over dose my magnisium cause of acid in your water. All my advice move all your corals out from that tank, your water it might have something in it could cause of all your corals started to bleach out.

Vincenzo.

there is No way. I dont dose, nothing. Plus all my other corals are showing growth.  It was just the BN and nothing else. It already showing signes of recovery.

Hookup

awesome.. just a slight bump as you suggest from being out of the water for so long...

Glad to hear it's recovering...

salvini55

Quote from: Vince. on September 03, 2009, 10:47:51 PM
a frag of toadstool shriveled up like going swimming in december.

LMFO... If your a sinfield fan, George, "I WAS IN THE POOL!"

Hookup

shrinkage... that episode was frigg'n funny!

Vincenzo.

well hookup if you still want to hook me up with some pieces of your BN im game. I have a few frags

Tyler.L

yeah thats what i was thinking like yeah tim....i had this huge colony of birdsnest i think you should give me a frag too lol jk

Hookup

sure thing fellas, frags of the birdsnest... i can guarantee that when I transfer to the new tank frags will be created....  :)  I've got a piece that is a good sized starter colony which is coloring up slooooowly... most likely it will be available after the transfer to the new system....

Vincenzo.

i got zoos, sps, lps, shooms, rics, duncan... buncha crap