New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I Absolutely HATE Missing OVAS Meetings!

Started by Nelson, June 27, 2005, 07:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maitre007

I really enjoyed the meeting last night as it seemed none of the bids for the auction were challenged.  

I ended up picking up a bag of 3 lithobates and peacocks for $1 each.  Can't go wrong with that.

I also picked up a bag of tiny "shrimp" that is suppose to help clean the water.  However I don't think they lasted too long in my aquarium by the look of things.

artw

Wanna take bets on how long the lithobates will last in the "Survival of the Fittest"  ? ;)

maitre007

actually i have now 4 tanks running.  i put it in my tank with the victorian nubila, my buescheri and my pseudotropheus flaveus.  

i know they would have no chance in my 125 gallon aquarium.  i tried putting a wal-mart firemouth last week in that aquarium and i found half of his body floating a few days later.  and the firemouth was relatively big.

pegasus

Quote from: "maitre007"actually i have now 4 tanks running.  i put it in my tank with the victorian nubila, my buescheri and my pseudotropheus flaveus.  
The lithobates should be fine but the Yellow Jake are a bit small. I would also suggest that you move the jake or the buescheri since their females look the same and your dominant male would breed with any of them. Mind you , you still have a couple of months before they get to the same size as your buescheri.

BTW my 9 fish sold for $4 a LPS value of $72 (3%). I got $3.60 minus $2.10 of bag so I came home with $1.50...to justify the .5 hour for catching them,  just enough to pay the daily fish food. :cry:

maitre007

My yellow jake are in my 3 tank with the "lab zeb/cypra afro yellow top" that I got from Tim as I knew they wouldn't survive in my second tank.

tuvok

What is fast becoming one of my favourite pastimes is watching the auctioneers find new homes for the Texas Cichlids that keep showing up. With that said I'm not sure if it is a different fish each time or the same guy making the rounds from owner to owner. It does create a lot of excitement the way they are always showing up in large opaque buckets. I always feel compelled to rush up to take a look (I did not do that on Monday though) :)

pegasus

QuoteWhat is fast becoming one of my favourite pastimes is watching the auctioneers find new homes for the Texas Cichlids that keep showing up.
Then don't miss the Sept. mini-auction... He'll be back. :)

mseguin

And possibly a bit ehavier from Jen's goldfish. :-)