Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Our new 90g Marine Reef

Started by DARKPHREAK, August 07, 2005, 11:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DARKPHREAK

This is our new setup in our new house. Thanks go out to JEREMY for trading me his unused drilled 90 for our planted 75 and Nelson for some other equipement that I needed. It took around 18 hours to build between my shift work and buying the new house and we are happy with the result. Theres still abit of work to do to the sump and some trim peices that need to be added.

Jim

kennyman

My god thats  AWSOME!!

I have never seen anything like that stand before. Its reef central :D

Aiglos

Wow, now that is wonderful, what a great job,  on everything.  
+1 on that one.

Nelson

Extremely attractive and very well thought out DARKPHREAK.  Congratulations :wink:   BTW, what's the white circle at the top side of the tank?

Aiglos

Looks like a cooling fan for his lights..

DARKPHREAK

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yup thats an Ice Cap fan for cooling the Halides and Vho. I might have to add another fan in the future because it gets real hot in the canopy when the AC isnt on.

Nelson

Quote from: "Aiglos"Looks like a cooling fan for his lights..

Right...should have looked at the pics more carefully

oenology

great placement and looks really well thought out. I don't have the patience to plan thing so well.  :oops:  So everything looks like/is a work in progress.

DARKPHREAK

Still trying to figure out the digicam and MH but heres a few shots

Our new addition,

Julie

Very nice - well situated.  Must look stunning at night.

Julie

squeeker

I love how the top swings away!  Great idea!

TBarb

What are the two boxes in the closet for?

gator

Excellent set-up!
What kind of relectors did you use in the canopy - bat wing?
What #, wattage, spectrum for hallides and VHOs?
On one of the pictures, it almost looks like you have a refugium built into the "wall" side of the tank?

nickie

Congratulations !!...its truly a beautiful setup,...very professional !!..   I love your fish !... they really look so contented and happy !,...  You certainly do`nt need any crummy TV with such a great restful view  !!.... Just think this winter when theres a nasty blizzard , freezing cold....you can prop your feet up and think of those warm waters in the Islands....   Good luck , John P...

DARKPHREAK

Thanks again for the nice comments guys.

TBarb:  Those boxes are Cool-Touch Ballasts that run the 2 metal halide bulbs.

gator:  Those reflectors are PFOs.  The MH are XM 250w at 10k and the VHO are URI 110w super actinics running off an IceCap 660 ballast.  The overflow actually turned into the Refugium that's holding all the algea.

JEREMY

James,,,

It looks just great,,,, i'm glad the tanks have been put to good use... would love to see it some day, and of course your new house,,,

Congrats again...

Jeremy...

FishPassion

Very Nice job James I m looking at the pics of the house and your tank looks amazing. I must apply my self to keep up with your progress you are a worker my friend and btw the damsels are doing great they are in a 50 with a couple of clowns and another damsel. Say hello to the better half for me ......
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube