Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

bristleworm (probably fireworm) sting

Started by Aine, February 02, 2010, 11:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish

I got stung on a finger by a bristleworm in October. The area is still numb. Crazy. Go see a doctor.

Aine

The doctor has been seen...
Luckily, it's not infected, as the burn area hasn't spread. It's basically a chemical burn, like a jellyfish sting. I have to keep my wrist out of hot water and keep it in open air...
Hopefully, the boils will go away soon!
:(
Solana 34, but new custom build (41 gallons and 10 gallon sump) in progress!
Ocellaris, pygmy angel, red pistol shrimp, yellow watchman goby, cleaner shrimp, mini carpet anemone, rbta, sps?s, lps?s, softies

Peach-faced lovebird (Octave)
Goldendoodle (Basile)
Standard Poodle (Margot)

Lover of Iceland, nature, travel and music!

Cheebs

Aine

I'm down to only having a scar! No more boils!
Yay!

Gosh, this burn stuck a long time... I will actively discourage anyone from petting their pet fireworm! :P
Ocellaris, pygmy angel, red pistol shrimp, yellow watchman goby, cleaner shrimp, mini carpet anemone, rbta, sps?s, lps?s, softies

Goldendoodle (Basile)
Standard Poodle (Margot)

holachicka

A scar eh?! That's crazy - glad to hear you are all ok :)

Cbellehumeur

I wasn't paying attention once when i was feeding my sea urchin and it stung me and released a black substance into me. My whole finger got swollen and black. After a few days of not having any finger function i went to my doctor and after lots of research and x-rays i was told i would be 2 years before i regain full function...i still have 1 year to go....fingers crossed....well the ones that work anyway.

Aine

Wow!
That's awful!  :o
One more reason for me not to get an urchin... I tend to get bitten or stung a lot by various critters or plants... :S
Take care!!!
p.s. I see you are a fellow tiny puppy lover... I'd love a great dane... My sorta-malamute is 135 pounds... :)

Goldendoodle (Basile)
Standard Poodle (Margot)