Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bubble blaster HY-3000... who's using one?

Started by mikerobart, February 25, 2010, 09:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikerobart

Thinking of replacing the sicce on my SWC extreme 200 with one of these bad boys. Just not happy with my sicce. A few people I have talked to have also reported that the sicce 2500 doesn't seem to be a great match on the 200 body, but works great on a 160. No idea if this is the case for me or if I just got a crappy pump, or have some other setting wrong, but I have been tinkering with my skimmer for some time now and have never been able to get great production. My bioload seems relatively high, and this is supposed to be a pretty decent skimmer...

So, I might go for the replacement. I have read quite a bit on RC but wan't to hear if anyone local has done the replacement and how they like it on the 200. Air pull numbers would be great but general impressions are what I am going for here.

Also, anyone have these in stock locally?

xiaan

I was thinking of replacing my Octo Extreme 200 with one as I have some restart issues with it. If you find out more info on it I would love to know.

redbelly

We have shipped several of these out to clients and so far people have liked them quite a bit.

I have used several of the bubble blaster pumps on the cone skimmer and super reef here and they do produce a much finer micro bubble that the sicce pump.

mikerobart

Well I picked up a sicce and I'll find out if it was just that mine sucked. If the new pump still doesn't perform like it should I might be in the market for one.

xiaan

Quote from: redbelly on March 01, 2010, 02:45:13 PM
We have shipped several of these out to clients and so far people have liked them quite a bit.

I have used several of the bubble blaster pumps on the cone skimmer and super reef here and they do produce a much finer micro bubble that the sicce pump.

How much are they? and are they the ones that have the fit kit for the Octo Extreme 200?

mikerobart

Reef specialty has them for 225 usd I think that is plug and play to the union on the 200 body. Can't speak to pats prices. Considering they are pushing great air #'s and water as well seems almost worth it. You can do the bb-5000 if you the extended neck ( sadly no room for that under my stand )