New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Intermatic 8 Outlet Power Strip w Digital Timer on sale - $5.00

Started by charlie, March 09, 2010, 09:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciaus

Quote from: FishBuddy on March 11, 2010, 09:44:19 PM
ciaus, let me try to clarify...  The timer powerbar is working the way it is designed...  The timer itself is to control all 4 plugs at the same time...  The so called 'timer 1' or 'timer 2'you are seeing on the display is more like 'schedule 1' and 'schedule 2'.  I think you can have up to 8 or 10 schedules....

I get that about the schedules, but can you explain this to me......The way it is working  would mean that any schedule will power on everything attached, up to four devices.  so having multiple schedules or schedules which overlap is pointless.

I will accoplish that which I meed through the use of multiple timers/bars, at five dollars each it is affordable!   ;D

FishBuddy

Quote from: ciaus on March 11, 2010, 09:53:58 PM
I get that about the schedules, but can you explain this to me......The way it is working  would mean that any schedule will power on everything attached, up to four devices.  so having multiple schedules or schedules which overlap is pointless.

I will accoplish that which I meed through the use of multiple timers/bars, at five dollars each it is affordable!   ;D

Well, I guess if you need to set the timer to turn on/off lights at dawn and another schedule to turn on/off lights again at dusk, the powerbar would be useful. 

Yes, you will need 2 powerbars to do what you've described...  I have 2 separate ones running right now; one for the top tank and one for the bottom.  The top tank is a planted tank and will need to have the lights on earlier.

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

ciaus

I decided to go to the "horses mouth" so I sent an email off to teh manufacturer...this was the reply:

"The timed receptacles will all turn on and off at the same timer. The reason that there are multiple time settings are so if you wanted to turn a lamp on in the evening for a few hours and also on in the morning for a few hours.

Intermatic Technical Service Team
Phone 815-675-7000
Fax 815-675-7001
8:00 am - 4:30 pm CST
www.intermatic.com