Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

RKL question

Started by ordi260, March 19, 2010, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordi260

I will want to add another 4 outlet power module to my reefkeeper lite...the thing is they detail around 100$ and the starter kit wich includes the head unit, itemp probe and 4 outlet module is around 115...

I read that if i buy another start kit the 4 outlet power module wont work on my other head unit...(some people said that they were locked to their particular head unit)...

Anybody have tried this???  Because i find the price of the 4outlet module rediculously too high and i wouldn'nt mind paying a little extra cash to have a spare head unit and temps probe...

Anyway you get the idea...what do you think??? :-\

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

RossW

DA did bring this idea up a couple months back and received a lot of backlash, and a little bit of support.  They did not back down on their reasoning.  To the best of my knowledge, 99% sure, they have not implemented it yet.  There is a new firmware release coming, and maybe it will be announced then?!?

For now I think you are safe.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16427973

Quote from: ordi260 on March 19, 2010, 06:55:40 PM
I read that if i buy another start kit the 4 outlet power module wont work on my other head unit...(some people said that they were locked to their particular head unit)...