Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tek Light ELITE unboxed

Started by dakrazyone, April 28, 2010, 09:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakrazyone

Here are some pictures of the New Tek Light ELITE for anyone who was interested.  It's been a long wait, but if my sources are correct, this unit is one of the 1st units shipped in North America (if not the 1st).

48" 6x54W T5 fixture

Pros
+ Reefbuilders.com mentioned they would come with 2 fans for the 6 bulb variation but this one has 3? So, I'm guessing they did further tweaking before shipping.   ;D
+ Fans are extremely quiet
+ Power coated graphite color has a really nice look and feel
+ Includes acrylic shield (had to purchase separately on older models)
+ Level of craftsmanship has improved

Cons
+ Mounting legs/hanging kits sold separately
+ Mounting legs were pre-assembled in box and assembled incorrectly for my setup (minor fix)
+ Acrylic shield was a tight fit (I'm nit picky)

So far, I'm impressed, too bad i don't have a par meter.  My tank has been running for 1 month, sorry for terrible aquascape or lack of.  8)

JetJumper

Looks sweet..

PS: Love the Aquascaping! 
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

LittleX

mikerobart

Quote from: JetJumper on April 28, 2010, 09:48:16 PM
Looks sweet..

PS: Love the Aquascaping! 

I liked your previous comment. I also think this is a cool scape. As if someone reported that  ::).

JetJumper

Quote from: mikerobart on April 29, 2010, 01:51:11 PM
I liked your previous comment. I also think this is a cool scape. As if someone reported that  ::).
:-[

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Severum

You've got to find better ways around those comments, sorta like Brittney Spears and that song she has about Amy...

Back on topic - I am very interested to see how this baby performs! Thanks for posting your new toy.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

jon1985

Saw one of these lights last night and they are slick.

Vincenzo.

you spent all ur $ on the light, now u have no rock :D .. none the less, light is pimp. single tower is nice too. personally id add more LR

dakrazyone

haha..... don't worry i gots more money to spend, school is too time consuming.  Plus this setup i didn't skimp out on stuff like i normally do, so i'm selecting certain items/equipment.  I want a few large LR pieces rather then a lot of small ones.   Once i get a few coral pieces in, then i will get rock to work with corals.  :)

cn

Very nice lighting system. Would you mind to tell where
you bought it and how much ?

new2salt

Nice light

Did it come with bulbs?
If so, what bulbs did they include?

Thanks