Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Living Backdrops

Started by jgolden, August 26, 2005, 10:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgolden

Has anyone create a living backdrop? If so, what was your experience with it? I am entertaining the idea of taking some mesh, securing it to the back of the inside of the tank, and having Xmas moss grow throughout the mesh, but would like other ppl's feedback first.

thx

J

jetstream

I am currently using this method for my shrimp tanks and is happy with it. I use the plastic mesh from dollar store. but the mesh holes are a bit small. Will try to see I can find some stainless steel mesh.

Marx

anyone know a site i can look at or know where i can even order a living back drop?

jgolden

jgolden

Quote from: "jetstream"I am currently using this method for my shrimp tanks and is happy with it. I use the plastic mesh from dollar store. but the mesh holes are a bit small. Will try to see I can find some stainless steel mesh.

And the XMas moss doesn't get ... um... "overwhelming" like I've seen java moss get?

luvfishies

Off-Ice over at plantgeek.net does this with corkboard.

BigDaddy

Yeah, off-ice's cork tank was pretty nice.

The only thing you have to be careful with either of these two setups is they have to be firmly secured to the back wall.  If a fish could find its way between the cork/mesh and the glass, its a death trap, and an unknown source of ammonia spike if you don't find it!