Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My decesion to walk away

Started by charlie, July 16, 2010, 03:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cichlidicted

Hello Charlie

As much I was excited to hear you were elected as president I regret reading this ... Hearing you were elected as president just satisfies my selfish desire to see a planted speaker come to Ovas someday. Just to let you know, you and a couple others were the reason i got into planted aquaria, and helped me alot on the way ... I wish you all the best in your life, and I hope you stay around and be kind enough to share your experience...
I hope someday you change your mind and come back to the exec.

Keep in mind there's always goood in all that is going on ....

Cheers.
Abed

FocusFin

Jeez, go the cottage for a few weeks and all h*ll breaks loose :(

I'm shocked but then again not entirely surprised. Volunteering is an often thankless job, performed by selfless people who's only  satisfaction comes from providing a benefit to others. As a society I think we've come to expect things to be done for us and to our liking and become indignant when they are not. I'm no different, I've often caught myself complaining about trivial matters when I really should be thankful to have such an easy life.

Don't go too far Errol, I have a sense that this club will be needing a few experienced people in the not too distant future.

Mike
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

ajm1961

WHAAA?
Errol, I'm sorry I missed this post somehow - I'm in shock right now...
I was really looking forward to seeing you leading the club this year, having met you on a more personal note when we went to the CAOAC convention together.
I really hope that you will still come to the meetings and events.
You're a great guy, and a fantastic aquatic horticulturist - I appreciate what you bring to the club.
Stay in touch!
Regards,
Andre
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!