Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

110 gallon build - Update

Started by FocusFin, February 24, 2009, 09:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusFin

Quote from: Severum on March 25, 2009, 11:18:16 AM
Wow, amazing! Not only did it look good when you were putting it together it looks fantastic now! Bravo!

I'm jealous.  :-[

I'll tell you, I wasn't at all confident doing it. I freakin' hate aquascaping and working with rock and no one is more surprised than me that it turned out allright. The sad part is that by the time I'm ready to do this again I'll have forgotten all the mistakes I made and likely repeat them :( :P
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Loraloo

FocusFin

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Darth

wow Mike this is truly breath taking, it is awe inspiring. Its so weird seeing some of my old corals, you are a master of aquascaping, I am truly amazed, would love to do something like that in my tank. I am suprised the pvc arch is holding it looks heavy.

FocusFin

Why...thank you kindly  :)

Now's probably as good a time as any to update, although these pictures are quite a few months old. They've been tweaked a bit to look more natural.

The one piece that I regret losing was the large purple torch from your tank. It was a beautiful piece but fell to the sand and smothered while I was away.

Your pieces include the bubble coral, yellow polyps, frogspawn, leathers and torch amongst various zoos and mushrooms.

The only livestock that I ended up keeping was one of the clowns, simply because it developed such an attachment to one of the clams I didn't want to give him up.

110g saltwater/reef

Darth

wow the set up is amazing, funny about those clowns, I had them for years, brought them with me when I moved her to canada, then one day they just started hosting in whatever they could including a feather duster. yes various zoa those being my fav coral, sucks about the torch I liked that piece too, but again tank looks amazing

jimskoi

Thats a very impressive set up.You should give yourself a pat on the back.
Good job!

cn

Very very nice aquascape. If I ever start over again, I would do the same.

dan2x38

This is a beautiful setup! TANKz for sharing... :)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

FocusFin

110g saltwater/reef