Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Reefbrite actinic strip

Started by fish, August 30, 2010, 09:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish

Just put a single 48" reefbrite strip over my 120G. I'm running 2x250 XM20K in lumenmax elite reflectors with 2x54 T5 and even with the halides on you can see a difference with the added reefbrite. A little brighter and a little more blue and a quite a bit more pop. When I'm running just the T5 with the reefbrite the difference is huge. Way brighter. Way more pop. I read on RC that a reefbrite strip is double the PAR of an aquablue with a good reflector. I'd say that is easily the case.

Nice technology. Don't know if it will make a difference to the well being of the tank but I'm not taking anything out to add these and the visual effect is impressive. Only thing I don't like - reefbrite by itself - looks like 70s blacklight in my tank.

new2salt

Quote from: fish on August 30, 2010, 09:09:27 PM
Nice technology. Don't know if it will make a difference to the well being of the tank but I'm not taking anything out to add these and the visual effect is impressive. Only thing I don't like - reefbrite by itself - looks like 70s blacklight in my tank.
Glad to here you like it. Isn't that what matters "you like it".
Only time will tell if the addition will alter the "well being of the tank ".
All the promo material seems to describe it as more of a supplement/addition to existing lighting.