Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Anyone had experience with the SeaChem product "Stabili

Started by Tangman, October 03, 2005, 02:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangman

Has anyone used the SeaChem product Stability?
Does it speed up cycle times? Has anyone done tests when using it?
The product claims you can add fish at anytime after starting to use it!

I'm a little impatient after getting my new tank and 3 to 4 weeks for the "fishless" cycle is a little long ......

This is my only tank, so I don't have any bio matter to add from an existing one. Guess I'm trying to find a shortcut.

Brian

BigDaddy

What kind of filter do you have?  A member would probably be willing to get you some media....

yellowtang

120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

Tangman

Actually by tank is sitting empty right now. I'm just completing the stand and will be purchasing the rest of my equipment from Big Al's on Wednesday. (when I can get double points).
The filter will be either an Ehiem Pro II or a RENA XP3. I'm still researching whether the Ehiem is really worth more than double the money.
So you guys have not heard of anyone using the product?

Nelson

I have an EHEIM Pro II and many FLUVALS of various capacities and in my opinion the Eheim is by far the best engineered and effective filter, based on my experience.  Having said that, I have never used any of the RENA canisters.

DARKPHREAK

Is this for fresh water or a marine setup? If its the latter you CANNOT rush, it takes time for a marine tank to "stabilize".

Tangman

darkdep

Eheims rock.  Period.  

IMHO, if you're not in a rush (which I know you are), I'd look for Eheims on eBay.  You're still gonna pay a lot for them, but way less than new.