New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Red Lanceloteus Catfish

Started by Jeff1192, January 08, 2011, 03:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

I saw these guys at your east end store. I'm looking for information on them, maybe on L number? I can't find ANYTHING on-line about them. I want to make sure they're good in my tank and read about them a bit. They're definitely cool looking fish that I'd like to add.

Thanks

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

robt18

Hey Jeff, just PM'd you about them, sorry it took a while, we've been busy today :P

For anyone else who's interested in them, they're L10a's, or 'Red Whiptial Catfish', here's the planet catfish profile... cool fish!

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=747

Cheers,

Rob

Jeff1192

Thanks for the info.....hmmm....now that I know they'd be perfect for my set-up I need to try to figure out how I'll squeeze a visit to Big Als into my schedule tomorrow!

Thanks again.

Jeff

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Jeff1192

So I managed to get out today and I picked up two of them. One really small one and one medium-sized one. I drip-lined them for about 2.5hrs and added them to the tank about 30min ago. The bigger one is really faded from the stress but slowly going back to his normal colour. They're almost impossible to spot in my 90 gallon though (with all the plants and driftwood).  They definitely camouflage even better then my 2 farlowella acus!

Thanks again for the info Rob.

Jeff

- George Orwell