Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Water Conditioner ?!?!?!?!?!

Started by RaceFaceR1, October 04, 2005, 01:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaceFaceR1

What brand do you use???  And is there a perticular reason you are using that brand?

mseguin

I just started using the new API water conditioner, its about 5 times more concentrated then Aqua Plus.

darkdep

I'm still determined to make my own, someday.

Evan

I have been using prime.  I guess there is no particular reason using just this brand. It has worked well.

squeeker

I use AquaPlus because I get a discount on it.  I also use prime for hospital/quarantine/uncycled tanks as it detoxes ammonia and nitrites.

BigDaddy

I use Prime as well.  No point in conditioning the water if you are releasing ammonia into the tank as soon as the chlorine is gone!

Marc

I use Prime also.  Jody recommended it to me years ago and I've been using it ever since.  I buy a 2 litre container at www.mops.ca for $52.99 and it lasts me years.  1 ml treats 10 gallons.

UCGrafix

Quote from: "BigDaddy"I use Prime as well.  No point in conditioning the water if you are releasing ammonia into the tank as soon as the chlorine is gone!
Agreed

May I ask who sell " Prime " water conditioner ???

Evan

you can by prime at AS stores.  But it is a lot chaeper at mops.ca or petsandponds

NjOyRiD

Quote from: "UCGrafix"
Quote from: "BigDaddy"I use Prime as well.  No point in conditioning the water if you are releasing ammonia into the tank as soon as the chlorine is gone!
Agreed

May I ask who sell " Prime " water conditioner ???

seachem prime

I use that Also!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

UCGrafix

Quote from: "Evan"you can by prime at AS stores.  But it is a lot chaeper at mops.ca or petsandponds
I live and learn.
That being said, you people will should educate me a little, what is " AS stores ", " mops.ca " and " petsandponds " ???

I come from TO, where things are easy, but very expensive ! to say the least.

Aiglos

AS = Aquarium Services or Big Als

Mops.ca  is a canadian online aquatic dealer

petsandponds is another website that is cheap for aquarium supplies.

luvfishies

I use AquaPlus, and the Laguna Pond prep (it was half price last month at SuperPet)

Lately I've been using nothing but Chlor-Am X powder. 1 tsp treats 40g. It's the same active ingredient found in Prime and other chloramine/ammonia detoxifiers.

darkdep

Apparantly the ingredient used in Amquel and other dechloraminators is "sodium hydroxymethanesulfonate".  Anyone ever try to buy this chemical raw?  

Amquel is apparantly 100% sodium hydroxymethanesulfonate, which would seem to make using it raw a lot easier than a sodium thiosulfate mix (which only deals with chlorine, and can't be used full strength I don't believe)...

luvfishies

Quote from: "darkdep"Apparantly the ingredient used in Amquel and other dechloraminators is "sodium hydroxymethanesulfonate".  Anyone ever try to buy this chemical raw?  

Amquel is apparantly 100% sodium hydroxymethanesulfonate, which would seem to make using it raw a lot easier than a sodium thiosulfate mix (which only deals with chlorine, and can't be used full strength I don't believe)...

Chlor-Am X