Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Uhoh...Mts :P

Started by Nerine, April 03, 2011, 06:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

Ok so well yeah :P I now have 2 tiny tanks, 2 buckets, 2 2gals, 1 55 gal set up :P I just took down a 10 g...haha

but the 20g I just set up was re siliconed (is there a plural to that word? it keeps coming up as red on my spell checker! hehe) and I always always always am nervous about setting up a tank I re did...I know it's silly, I did it right, so it should be good RIGHT? ;) but that little voice in the back of my head says "leak leak leak LEAK LEAK LEAK" and then I wind up sitting there, staring...willing nothing bad to happen...though 9 out of 10 it has not happened...the 1 that did, well it was brand new and leaked :P

soooo 20 gallon :D here I come!! day after tomorrow (when it is for sure non leaky) it will house convicts and a severum baby! and some krib juvies (which will most likely be up for trade soon! LOL)

and then off to set up another tank to house the baby kribs and set up a tank for some platy fry (they are due any time now!) ah mts :D hehe so once the platies are done having babies,they are out and danios in!

Still debating if I should keep my two severums or not...they are beautiful fish but I can't breed them...soooo hate to be harsh but I really have no room for decorator fish right now with trying to achieve bap rewards...so the debate begins, keep or sell :\
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

sas

Awesome! Setting up more tanks is okay around here :).
So.....did you wake up to wet feet this morning or is all well?

I hear you about that little voice in your head, there's times I'd like to
throttle it ;D.

I can see someone is going for BAP!

Nerine

oh yes :D I have my platties all segregated hahahaha I have preggers in their little respective homes with tons of moss, lots of fry all over the place, guppies are popping out of my ears but I have no where to put them, so sadly they are mostly going towards getting others ready for spawning...

my kribs are still fiercely protecting their babies though they cannot reach them, it's sad yet endearing that they still have that instinct in them though they cannot physically reach them, but they can see them thru the glass..interesting eh?

the mts has spilled out of the closet and into upstairs 1st living room..eeek :P I got yelled at earlier :P I need a support group for significant others who's S.O hates the hobby :P

ahhh tanks :D how I love thee!!!! yet thou cause thy slave such anguish !
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

freshfishies

hahahahaha! I love your posts Alysa...they always bring a smile to my face!
I smell a bap award coming your way soon  ;)

Shawn84

Quick question on Danios breeding. I have some egg in a 5gallon tank with a sponge filter. They danios lay egg on Monday morning. Today most of them didn't hatch yet. Is that normal?  I know its a bit off topic from your MTS, which i also have :) 7 tank and expecting more in the very very near future lol What kind a guppy are you breeding? Any special type in particular?
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

HappyGuppy

What does "bap" mean?

EDIT:  Thanks for the answer.  Edited this post to say thanks rather than making a new post.

sas

charlie

Quote from: sas on April 22, 2011, 07:16:07 AM
Breeder's Award Program,

http://ovas.ca/ovas/bap-ahap/bap-faq

Where would one find the info for the AHAP program listed in the link?-
Quoteovas.ca/ovas/bap-ahap/bap-faq

freshfishies

There hasn't been a link for ahap in quite sometime, but I have completed all the information; it just needs to be uploaded to the site. Which I can't do :(
But hopefully very soon we will have everything accessible to everyone! :)