Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Sick Clown Knife need advice

Started by David, October 08, 2005, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I have a 8in Clown Knife  I just noticed he has 2 holes in his cheek . I figure it must be some type of parasite. Can anybody give me advice. The fish is still eating well and it doesn,t seem to be bothering him.

pegasus

Google " Hole-in-the-head " or  " head and lateral line erosion "

http://www.masla.com/fish/hlle.html

David

Thank you Very much I appreciate the information.

NjOyRiD

is it like oscar can have that also?!

I have a clown knfe too, well its 13 inches :D
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

pegasus

Quote from: "NjOyRiD"is it like oscar can have that also?!

I have a clown knfe too, well its 13 inches :D

My oscar had Hole-in-the-head and survived. :)

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

David

What did you do to save the oscar?

NjOyRiD

i had to use a product called melafix, which is very strong
370g System

Julie

Don't know about melafix, it's tea tree oil -an astringent.  Might disinfect, but as far as healing goes?  
HITH though the cause is not exactly known; it is attributed to bad water conditions, stress, stray electrical currents....
Lots of w/c to boost the immune system, metronidazole an antibiotic, heat, and even earthworms - lots of those out there right now for free.

Julie

pegasus

I did as Julie did , even the earthworms (as part of his diet ... did not know it would help). A lot of loving care. It's the only fish that I can say that I had massaged and hand fed at the bottom of the tank.  :roll: