Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New LED Light for Fuge.

Started by JetJumper, July 16, 2011, 10:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetJumper

I ordered 2 test fixtures off ebay not too long ago to replace my lights currently running my fuge.  I don't have any pictures of them on the fuge yet as I am still working on changing it to a different tank as well.  Each LED is 10watts and is a cool white (6500k) which should grow algae nicely.  I am tempted to get one of the Royal Blue versions they make of this as well in the near future to see what the foot print I can use it with is.  Nice thing is, is that they are enclosed fixtures with the LED Driver inside.  Just need to connect it to a 120v source :)

Here are the LED's

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

NanoSF

Using this on a fuge should work well. However don't expect to use these over corals ever. They seem bright and the blues are decent for colour. However the par must be terrible, or something. I used them over a simple softies tank and they couldn't even support that. It's just a very poor quality light. Good for algae though like you said.

JetJumper

Quote from: NanoSF on July 16, 2011, 10:32:26 AM
Using this on a fuge should work well. However don't expect to use these over corals ever. They seem bright and the blues are decent for colour. However the par must be terrible, or something. I used them over a simple softies tank and they couldn't even support that. It's just a very poor quality light. Good for algae though like you said.

Do you still have the blue ones you used?  Were they Royal blue, or just blue?

NanoSF

Ya I have them and I have the drivers. I don't have the fixtures like yours. They are just blue not royal.

Taoism

Jet:

Did your lamps have 2 wires or 3?  I ordered a pair of lamps like that as well, and I was supposed to get 10W, 12v DC, but there are three leads for each lamp which makes me think they sent me AC lamps instead.  I am unsure how to verify it either....

The nice part is they are supposed to be IP67 rated, so I have practically have them submerged and they should be fine....

Cheers!

JetJumper

Mine came with 3 wires which is the 85-260VAC version.  I tried them out the other day and they are nicely bright.  BUT  fuge is not ready yet so haven't installed them :(