Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

No More Women?

Started by dan2x38, August 25, 2011, 09:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Hookup

Greatwhite

Some countries kind of need to reduce their population anyways.  My wife & I figure that we did our part by having 2 daughters, and to be honest - most of our friends have ONLY daughters as well (one has 4... ugggg)  It is ODD for someone to announce "it's a boy!!!" in my Facebook news feed.

JetJumper

Don't worry, they have surgery for this problem now a days ;)
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

dan2x38

The article was strange? My ex-wife it was two daughters I was the only male for awhile - I was out numbered. We got a male dog after awhile me and him spent a lot of time trying to get back some territory but peeing on the corner of the coach didn't work... your friend has no chance with 5 women against him... LOL
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

washefuzzy

I see this as a very positive thing as there are to many of us anyways.

Fishnut

My post is going to sound very blunt...

This just proves that anyone can write anything and post in on-line...UGH.  That's such a stupid thing to publish!  I feel like emailing the original author to complain.

There has been research that says there are more little girls born than little boys lately.  That article also says the "fertility" is going down, but it's the birth rate that he keeps talking about.  So that also means the number of boys born is also going to go down...so all is good.  Man/woman ratio will be ok.  There will always be women having babies...some by accident and some on purpose.  There might just be less people in general.

I agree that there are too many people on this planet.  We're going to run out of food and water before we have to worry about the fact that the men vs. women ratio is off.  There's LOTS of research that shows what happens when a population of creatures can no longer sustain itself.

Nerine

don't worry, a big war will happen again, or famine, earthquake, tornado etc...something will happen and the population will dwindle once more!! Something Wicked This Way Comes...

besides, it's already dwindling in Canada by a lot...soon it will be trouble! *play dramatic music*
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

ajm1961

As Peter J. Lawrence ("the Peter Principle") once said:
"Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable"

However, there are some troublesome trends, especially in Asia - here's an article from Maclean's on this issue:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/06/14/how-sex-selection-of-babies-has-led-to-a-huge-surplus-of-men-and-why-that%E2%80%99s-bad-for-all-of-us/

And, on the other side of the debate, there is an argument that men will eventually disappear, based on the deterioration of the "Y" chromosome:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam's_Curse

One way or another, we will all not be here to witness such cataclysms...
Happy Saturday!!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!