Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My Discus Pics

Started by BigDaddy, October 14, 2005, 08:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

As per requests:

1 BD and 3 Cobalts in a 65 gallon tall

7 Red SS in a 33 gallon (soon to be moved into larger tank)

The BD and Cobalts are probably around 4 inches now

The Snakeskins are only 3 months old (am I right there ottawadiscus) and are around 2 inches.

The cobalts are still growing out.. can't wait to see more colour on them.

And a shot of my community tank (sucky looking right now after a major pruning)

Julie

The planted tank is stunning.  Wow.
Your cobalts are very nice.  I think I saw a spot of algae -  :wink:
Is it tetra bits they are eating?
Any probs with the ebo's?

Julie

luvfishies

Fabulous! Gosh, they make me want to get back into Discus again!

aidensmomma2000

Awwww I love juvies, theyre so cute!  :D

BigDaddy

Quote from: "Julie"The planted tank is stunning.  Wow.
Your cobalts are very nice.  I think I saw a spot of algae -  :wink:
Is it tetra bits they are eating?
Any probs with the ebo's?

Julie

Love the Ebos... I tried out Stealths.. but I found they couldn't maintain higher temps as good as the same wattage Ebo.

Yup, tetra bits.  My grow outs get color bits, NLS discus, beefheart and bloodworms for a treat.

pegasus

I'm more impress with what you did with the Nikon. :)   OK the discus and the tank look nice also.

BTW, did those discus emptied your wallet to the point that you could not afford to buy a pound or two of gravel? :wink:

NjOyRiD

finally i can see some pictures wowwwwwwwwww I like it a lot :D
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

BigDaddy

Quote from: "pegasus"I'm more impress with what you did with the Nikon. :)   OK the discus and the tank look nice also.

BTW, did those discus emptied your wallet to the point that you could not afford to buy a pound or two of gravel? :wink:

Thanks pegasus.  It's a crappy little digicam I bought strictly for web pictures when I was doing hardware reviews for another web site.

But I've figured out how to get the best out of it until I can upgrade....

suu

Very nice, love the plants.  Your Discus are gorgeous.

zapisto

very nice BD... sweet communnity tanks
i never see why people bang their head for discus  :) yes it is a nice fish but not my favorite :)

about heater , i dont use them at all in my fishroom, because room  is constantly at the same temp.
for display tank i love the tru titanium heater , less visible and very effective.

discusFans

very nice BD. how old is yr  BD and Cobalts? seems like  pair of Cobalts is forming up soon :>

BigDaddy

Good question!  I think the cobalts are around 5 months now.  Loyed, how old were they when I bought them from you?  I know they were only 2.5 inches then...

discusFans

wow..5 months old but already 4 inches in size...they really growing fast then...

BigDaddy

Lots and lots of high protein food, tons of tank space, massive water changes and minimal water current.

Makes for fast growin' discus.  Like I said, I could be off with their age... but they went from 2.5 inches to 4 inches in a little over 6 weeks.

ottawadiscus

Shawn,

You are giving good care for your discus. You bought those cobalt when they were 12 weeks old.  

Loyed
"A man with hobbies never has time to waste" B.P

NjOyRiD

how do you keep your windows clean with your discus?!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Evan

Looking good.   I like the look of those cobalts.   They are going to look pretty sharp when they are older.

Julie

Sean, where did the cobalts originate from?  i.e. parents came from where?

Julie