Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

power centers

Started by kennyman, October 18, 2005, 07:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennyman

What kind of power centers are you guys running on your aquariums? I dont need to run powerheads or a wavemaker. But I did want two timers for lights, plus the heater(s) and a filter.

Are there other ones out there besides this one
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/catalog/product.xml?product_id=28709;category_id=2923;pcid1=1843;pcid2=

BigDaddy

All you need is a good quality power bar and a couple of the Garrison digital timers that go on sale at Canadian Tire every now and then.

If you don't need a wavemaker, those power centers will be a waste of your hard earned dollars.

darkdep

Unless you need a lot of them...I need 6 for the lights on my 90, and the seperate ones are too big...that power centre looks great :D

dpatte

I have 5 of the ESU 8 slot power centers. They are nice, but Im not sure Ill be keeping them. I may be switching my whole system to X-10

darkdep

dpatte:  If that's the case, please let me know if you're willing to sell one of your 8-slots...

dpatte

mine have a single 24 hour timer that has 15 minute resolution. two plugs are for day and two for night, and 4 always on plugs.

Ill post them on the classified if i go to an x10 home automation system for my tanks, but I havent decided yet.

darkdep

I don't know if it would be of any value to you, but I have a couple of x10 components if you'd like to play with it.

dpatte

thanks darkdep. i have a few as well. are you selling yours?

darkdep

Well, they're sitting in a box downstairs, I could probably be convinced.  I have a Computer module, plug-in 2-prong receiver, 2-prong radio receiver, motion detector, remote, and probably one or two other things.

dpatte

dark dep  hmmm. i may  be interested

darkdep

Lemme gather up the stuff tommorow and I'll PM you.