New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New to the forum.

Started by PiccoloFish, October 07, 2011, 04:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiccoloFish

Hey everyone, my name is Jon. I've been keeping fish now for a little over a year and heard about this forum through a local pet store.

Glad to be here!

Cheers.

;D

Cheebs

Rybren

Welcome Jon.

Are you a salt-water guy or a fresh-water guy who wishes that he was a saltie?
120G Reef

NjOyRiD

haha i like that one :P

welcome new guy!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

PiccoloFish

Thanks for the welcome guys.

@ Rybren: I'm a fresh water plant guy, that being said I find the marine aspect of the hobby to be very interesting. I hope to one day get a marine tank going but so far I'm very pleased with the whole fresh water experience.

At the moment I'm fighting off a sudden and small outbreak of ich in my 30g tank. It's now on day two of the treatment. (25% WC/ dosing daily with Jungles *Ick Guard*/ Raised Temp/Salt Added/Extra aeration) results are looking positive with my worst infected fish showing great improvement.

Hope all is well with everyone.

washefuzzy

Hello. Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have your ick under control. Looks like you won't loose any fish which is a good thing.  :)

Mishtay

Fishnut

Welcome!

There are quite a few planted tank gurus in the club.  If you make it you to a meeting, I'll be happy to introduce you to a couple of regulars!

Cheers

brotherluv

I hope you learn as much as I have in the last 4 1/2 months!  These folks are great!  Welcome to the forum.

sas

Hi and welcome to the forum portion of OVAS :).

As Fishnut mentioned, there are lots of plant experts that
go to the meetings who are great for sharing their expertise.