New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Samko & Miko Ottawa Toy Warehouse Sale!!

Started by Fishnut, October 12, 2011, 02:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

Greatwhite

Cool! Thanks for the tip!  My wife went last year, and got ALOT of toys - for cheap.  Granted, some of what she bought was garbage...

If you go, don't bring the kids - because it gets CRAZY down there.  It's worse than Walmart on Christmas Eve.

Nerine

haha yep it is :D
I've been going every year for the past 3 years!! and was happy when they had it in spring (covered all the birthdays!) so now I just have to stock up in november for the next year ;)
I just handed out my last goodie from there!!

Everything we bought was name brand!! thomas dvd's, crayola crayons/pencils/markers nubby sippy cups, board games, barbie, blocks etc, ugh the list goes on when you have 12 kids to shop for ;)

Going again first thing in the morning when it opens :D
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Greatwhite

My wife got LOADS of good stuff there last year...  Timing is great, since my kids' birthdays are Nov 15 and Dec 14.  She gets stuff for both birthdays and christmas for our kids and nieces and nephews in one stop.

Fishnut

My son is finally getting old enough that he'll be able to play with a majority of the toys there.  I agree that some of the stuff was garbage (I got some wood puzzles that are junk) but a lot of it is great!   Thomas the train videos?!  I forgot about those there last year!!  I saw some smart women who brought their strollers to use as shopping carts...I might do the same this year.

I'll be there first thing too!  Shall I bring the coffee?

Nerine

sounds good :D but we'll be hitting the timmies on the highway as it'll be much earlier for us ;) thank you for the offer!!! :D

YAY shopping!
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

Fishnut

I was talking with one of my office-mates the other day.  She told me about a place that sells all kinds of interactive play toys.  It's on Carling just past Critter Jungle...Play Value.  For some reason I never took much notice of it, but I checked it out and their toys are much cheaper than Toys r Us.  I got Fishnut Jr. "Toby's Windmill" for his train set and it was $10 cheaper there!!

I also finally found where these retail shops get their bead/wire toys on tables.  Unfortunately, they're $300+ :-\

http://www.playvaluetoys.com/

Cheebs

Play Value is quite awesome, and there's lots to keep the kids entertained while you look around. I especially like their Star Wars lego selection ;)

RedFish

We drove past Play Value the other day and reminisced about going there with the kids.  As Chubs just said, lots to keep the kids happy while you shop.

I miss buying kids toys, I still get excited when the Sears Wishbook arrives!  (Which it just did!)

Nerine

I drive by that place ALL the time! and never really paid attention to it!! Ok will be going there ;) I've been saying for YEARS I wanted to check it out LOL

thanks for the tip!

sas

Quote from: RedFish on October 14, 2011, 04:18:07 PM
We drove past Play Value the other day and reminisced about going there with the kids.  As Chubs just said, lots to keep the kids happy while you shop.

I miss buying kids toys, I still get excited when the Sears Wishbook arrives!  (Which it just did!)

Just wait til the grand-kids start coming along, that's when the fun begins.
We get to spoil them, feed them alllllll kinds of sugar and then
send them home, it's awesome!

Fishnut

Quote from: sas on October 15, 2011, 02:12:07 PM

We get to spoil them, feed them alllllll kinds of sugar and then
send them home, it's awesome!

Seriously NOT awsome!! :D