New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Yahoo Fantasy Sports/Hockey

Started by dan2x38, August 09, 2011, 03:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

The hockey season is almost here and that means the fantasy hockey season too. I am looking for those interested in a fantasy NHL hockey team. I will create and maintain the league 12 - 16 teams with interesting stats and format. if your interested or just want to talk about your fantasy hockey strategies then post them here. If you are creating a league and looking for an active manager let me know I am interested. Only thing I ask is stay active and have fun. Bring it on if ya have the Jam!  8)

I also am trying Yahoo NFL this year. I have my teams for the season but if there would be enough interest I would create a league I am already commish of one. Or again if you have a league your creating and are looking for an active manager I might be interested if it is the format for me...  8)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

bt

I might be interested in joining, depending on the chosen format.

tophoo

dan2x38

It would be a head to head league for sure... maybe points... that way it shows when you win the week. I would not count every stat there is but like a lot of stats for sure will add Hits, Block Shots and PIM along with the normal stats. Would also have a deep bench with unlimited moves and trades with a trade headline. I also no not like the no cut list so would not use that either. Last year I got stuck with Crosby and a couple others on a team and it killed me.

What idea did you guys have?
Voltaire:

bt

Yeah, I got stuck with Kovalchuk for the first half of the season thanks to can't cut.... of course, a week after I was able to cut him and did so, he starts producing again....  A few years ago, I was also stuck with Pronger for a few days during the fantasy playoffs after he got suspended.

Head to head works for me.

dan2x38

Well cutting players who are out a week or 2 is never good when they are back in action they are picked up off waivers or F/A in a heart beat. The idea is so guys cannot get upset and start dropping big names. As commish if you are active you lock the team before it happens.

Kovalchuk when he came back could get enough points to make a huge difference. My way around the No Cut List was to trade them for someone that would pass but also would be accepted in a trade. I did this with Kovalchuk in a head to head pts league.

I sent Yahoo a message asking when they start they would not give the date was their reply. I like Yahoo better setup.
Voltaire:

bt

Yeah, the problem was that Kovalchuk was dead weight for almost 4 months at that point, with no signs of coming around....

dan2x38

OK the fantasy hockey season on Yahoo is open - yesterday was the first day. I created a league here are the details if you want to join but please only committed managers who will see out the season and get their line-ups in. Live Draft starts Sept. 10th 7:30pm EST - could set any time but better wait a few days to see what goes down.

League Name - Bruins H8TRs   8)
ID - 2446
pswd - hockey2011
URL - http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/bruins_h8trs

So if you think your good enough bring it!!!
Voltaire:

dan2x38

Cool welcome aboard guess you liked the format? You got 2 weeks to do a pre-draft list (if you do them) and some mock drafts (if you do them)... :) By the way I won a few Golds, Silvers and 1 Bronze last season.

Who else is going to step up?

BT - what is your Team Name?
Voltaire:

tophoo

dan2x38

Quote from: tophoo on August 26, 2011, 11:24:36 PM
I'm in!!!!  Boland's Bruisers

Love the avatar but better dress better skaters then Dwight to win my league... LMAO welcome - NEXT!!!

WOW set draft date for Sept. 10th and already have 7 teams didn't think that many yet... Only 5 spots left come - Ya OVASers afraid? Know Fish but Not Hockey? ROTFL
Voltaire:

dan2x38

Only one opening left... if you got what it takes your welcome but remember I'm winning it all!!!  8)
Voltaire:

tophoo

hahahahahahaha..... You'll have to get past me first  8)

dan2x38

Quote from: tophoo on August 31, 2011, 08:01:47 PM
hahahahahahaha..... You'll have to get past me first  8)

You worry me like last year's snow.... ROTFL!!!  ;D

Got a friend who likes hockey and will compete all season? Get him/them to sign up. Always more fun when you know who your playing against more smack talk and likely stay active all season.
Voltaire:

dan2x38

Looking for a replacement manager for an established team. The manager no longer wants to participate in the league. Here is the list of the players it is a pretty good team.

C   Matt Duchene (Col - C)
C   Patrick Marleau (SJ - C,LW)
LW   Taylor Hall (Edm - LW)
LW   Clarke MacArthur (Tor - LW)
RW   Jarome Iginla (Cgy - RW)
RW   Martin HavlatIR (SJ - RW)
F   Nikolai Kulemin (Tor - LW)
F   Jordan Eberle (Edm - RW)
D   Erik Karlsson (Ott - D)
D   John-Michael Liles (Tor - D)
D   Tomas Kaberle (Car - D)
D   Paul Martin (Pit - D)
D   Dan Hamhuis (Van - D)
D   Keith Ballard (Van - D)
Util   Andrew Ladd (Wpg - LW)
Util   Brad Richards (NYR - C)
BN   Dave Bolland (Chi - C)
BN   P.A. Parenteau (NYI - RW)
BN   Jeff Skinner (Car - C,RW)
BN   Robyn Regehr (Buf - D)

G   Marc-Andre Fleury (Pit - G)
G   Jacob Markstrom (Fla - G)
BN   Craig Anderson (Ott - G)

If you are interested please PM me with your email address. If you intend on remaining an active manager throughout the entire season then your the owner we're looking for. Rookies are welcome.

It is a Head-to-Head Points league and here is player roster depth and the scoring format:

Roster Size

C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Scoring Format

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Category
Goals (G)    1
Assists (A)    0.5
Plus/Minus (+/-)    0.25
Penalty Minutes (PIM)    0.25
Powerplay Goals (PPG)    1
Powerplay Assists (PPA)    0.5
Shorthanded Goals (SHG)    1
Shorthanded Assists (SHA)    0.5
Game-Winning Goals (GWG)    1
Shots on Goal (SOG)    0.25
Faceoffs Won (FW)    0.25
Faceoffs Lost (FL)    -0.25
Hits (HIT)    0.25
Blocks (BLK)    0.25

Goaltenders Stat Category
Games Started (GS)    0.5
Wins (W)    1
Losses (L)    -1
Goals Against (GA)    -0.5
Shots Against (SA)    0.25
Saves (SV)    0.25
Shutouts (SHO)    5

The rest of the format there is no cut list, no maximum to trades, player moves or weekly moves. We need a manager ASAP so send your PM quickly please...

thanks,
Dan
Voltaire: