New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

How do you do?!?

Started by Mishtay, October 06, 2011, 04:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mishtay

Hello all!! Just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

I am new to the forum and I guess still kinda a newbie in the fish keeping department. Only been keeping fish for about a year but I love it so much! It's great to know there are so many other enthusiasts here in Ottawa!!

Rybren

120G Reef

tophoo

Cheebs

Welcome! Glad you've come aboard :)

sas

Hi and welcome to the forum portion of OVAS.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Mishtay

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

Fishnut

Welcome!!

You'll learn a lot by reading over our threads.  We also have a meeting most months...the 4th Monday of every month.  These are ideal times to learn more about fish and to meet people who have been keeping fish for a very very long time!

brotherluv

Good luck with the forum!  It has been a mountain and wealth of knowledge for me for the last few months.  What type of fish do you have?  Oh...and welcome!

Mishtay

Sorry for such a slow reply... Been super busy with school.

We just recently had to change the tank completely because of a screw up from Petsmart. Originally the tank was a tetra tank (glowlights, pencils, hatchetfish) with dwarf cichlids (2 Panda Cichlids) and bolivian rams. But I had a killer in there and it took a long time to figure out that one of the rams that I bought from Petsmart was actually a convict cichlid.  My boyfriend and I ended up getting rid of the Panda's before we found out that Sharptooth was a convict. :( It broke my heart. I ended up having to give poor Sharptooth away because he killed about 20 shrimp, 4 pencils, 2 hatchets, and 2 glowlights. 

I did contact Petsmart head office about them selling me a convict cichlid as a ram and informed them of all the deaths in our tank due to their screw up and they have given me a $60 gift card to replace the fish we lost. I have also been told that the staff member who sold me the convict as well as the fish manager there were both sent to Toronto for re-training in the fish department.

As for coming out to a meeting I am defiantly planning on coming out to see what it is like. It would be great to get to know the fish enthusiasts in the Ottawa region.