Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Has anyone ever seen this fish around here...

Started by murgus, November 10, 2005, 08:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murgus

Came across this rainbowfish in another forum :shock:

http://members.optushome.com.au/chelmon/Pseudomugil.htm

Has anyone ever seen this one in the area?  LFS people, is this guy ever on your lists to bring in?

Thanks,
murgus

squeeker

Nope, but I've seen furcatus.  

EDITED TO SAY:  that site's wierd... you try to use the URL, but the URL is the same for all the different pictures.  Weird.

Aiglos

What is the difference sqeeker ?

Wonderful fish though; very original

murgus

Aiglos - I am glad you raised that question, I thought I was losing my mind  :roll: !

Thanks,
murgus

squeeker

Sorry Murgus!  

I couldnl't  paste the URL of the one I meant for some reason.  If you go back to your page and click on the Furcatus, you'll see the fish I was talking about.

rockgarden

Squeeker is just suffering a bit from pre-wedding syndrome :)

darkdep

Wow, that's one messed-up looking fish.  But quite unique and attractive.

Mettle

Wow... Some of those fish are simply stunning. They look more like killifish than the rainbowfish I know.

mseguin

Yeah the small furcatus and threadfin type rainbows are very nice. No, I've never seen that particular type, just similar ones like the furcata.

murgus

I'll definitely have to keep my eyes open for both the Pseudomugil connieae and the Pseudomugil furcatus.

Rainbowfish are very cool fish in my opinion - too bad they are not more popular in the hobby, then we might see more variety (and cheaper prices 8) )

Thanks,
murgus

mseguin

They're gaining popularity. I often suggest them to people who wanted to get a bala shark or something similar. I tell them a school or rainbows will show as much activity and more colour, and won't need a massive tank when full grown.

zapisto

i had them two years ago in my display tank
when i redesign my tank , i sell all.

murgus

Quote from: "zapisto"i had them two years ago in my display tank
when i redesign my tank , i sell all.

LOL - does not help me much now - 2 years too late :lol:

zapisto - where did you get them?

Thanks,
murgus

zapisto

I did get them from US Cleavelan Extravaganza or NEC show
cant remember but it was at a show, and i comeback with them
i am sure i can trace the breeder.
he has hudred of them to sell

they are breeding like killies.

Mettle

Quote from: "mseguin"They're gaining popularity. I often suggest them to people who wanted to get a bala shark or something similar. I tell them a school or rainbows will show as much activity and more colour, and won't need a massive tank when full grown.

I've tried the same thing. Unfortunately a lot of the customers I deal with want a SHARK. And even when I explain to them there is actually no such thing as a freshwater shark and they're just named that because of physical appearance they still don't listen. I guess it's all in the name, lol.

I've gotten a lot of customers to buy a few rainbows as nice additions to their tanks. But mostly just the dwarf neons. Especially when we had them on sale last month. Even they get to be a nice size.

murgus

Quote from: "zapisto"I did get them from US Cleavelan Extravaganza or NEC show
cant remember but it was at a show, and i comeback with them
i am sure i can trace the breeder.
he has hudred of them to sell

they are breeding like killies.

Zap :shock: - that would be awesome if you could track down the breeder :!: :!: :!:

Let me know...

Thanks,
murgus