New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fry size to sell

Started by s0me, October 24, 2005, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s0me

I have a large school of fry that are roughly 2 months old. I am wondering what is the minimum size before I can begin selling them. I would love to keem them all, but size of condo will not permit.

Thanks,

Beardy

ill take some off your hands

mseguin

It's up to you really, but ur price should reflect the size. The younger the fish, generally the less they sell for. What kind of fry?

328iGuy

Beardy will buy anything.... :)

I am interested in even knowing what type of fry you have?

I wouldn't recommend selling any smaller than 1" for sure....the longer you grow them out the more you will get for them as well.  8)

Beardy

yah i will , i need to fill my 77

pegasus

Quote from: "Beardy"ill take some off your hands
Great beardy... How many? They are Tropheus at $20 @.

As for size... it all depend on the specie and the BUYER and it facilities to keep small fish until they reach a size to join his other fish.

328iGuy

QuoteGreat beardy... How many? They are Tropheus at $20

Oh no....I see the offers coming in already at $5/each!  :lol:

Beardy

328iGuy

Quote from: "Beardy"whats tropheus

:lol:

Beardy

328iGuy

Quote from: "Beardy"lol , im new to fish

My avatar has a Tropheus in it. :)

Beardy

how small are they?
if there big enough ill take 1 cuz im poor

pegasus

2 months old N tretocephalus are a quarter the size of M. estherae and would prefer to not be suck-up by the filtering system. So how many sponge filters is needed for a 77 gal ?  :)  :)
Sorry beardy.

So even age is not a criteria.

Beardy

328iGuy

Quote from: "pegasus"2 months old N tretocephalus are a quarter the size of M. estherae and would prefer to not be suck-up by the filtering system. So how many sponge filters is needed for a 77 gal ?  :)  :)
Sorry beardy.

So even age is not a criteria.

:lol:

s0me

WOW, I posted what an hour ago and all these posts already!!!

s0me

mseguin

I would wait until they're 1" -1 1/2" But it's up to you.

gvv

I don't like to sell anything less than 1", as smaller guys can be hurt while you are catching/transporting them.
But, as Pegasus mentioned, if buyer wants them smaller, sometimes I can sell smaller, but not responsible for any DOA in this case...

Regards