Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

fluorescent tubes

Started by valiko, October 25, 2005, 08:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valiko

I think I've seen the answer, but I can't find it.

How do you dispose from the old fluorescent tubes?

darkdep

Garbage.  Just put them out visible with your trash.

Mettle

Quote from: "darkdep"Garbage.  Just put them out visible with your trash.

Yes. So that the kids wandering about at night can pull them out and smash them all over the street/end of your driveway.

redbelly

Quote from: "Mettle"
Quote from: "darkdep"Garbage.  Just put them out visible with your trash.

Yes. So that the kids wandering about at night can pull them out and smash them all over the street/end of your driveway.

sorry but i dont have that problem in around here.
garbage works just fine.

Aiglos

Not to question you; but in our area regular incandescent bulbs can go in the garbage; but Flourescent bulbs are classified as household hazerdous waste and can only be disposed of at facilities that handle those items.  

I would check with your garbage/recycling schedule

Iceman

I've always put them out with the regular trash. But I put them out in the morning to avoid what Mettle described.

Marx

me too.. i bring my trash out in the morning before work.. never had a problem except when i tried to throw out a few pounds of gravel hidden in the garbage bag lol.. i got a note to bring it to WSI site lol..

Julie

City of Ottawa regulations may be different from other municipalities.

Out here, we have a hazardous waste dump which was temporarily closed for unsafe hazardous waste.
So generally hazardous waste is disposed of on the shoulder of the road or at the end of my laneway along with a tim hortons.

Julie

darkdep

Quote from: "Mettle"

I put my garbage out in the morning.  We have a very garbage hungry skunk and raccoon in our area.  :)

Julie

Here crows are more of an issue.

Julie