Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

March OVAS General Meeting

Started by Fishnut, March 15, 2012, 11:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

Many aquarium keepers love our hobby so much that we carry it to the landscaping in our back yards via ponds!  Since Spring is finally in the air, March is going to be pond month at OVAS.  

Richard Inchley operates Richard Inchley Ponds and Aquaria and is one of our generous sponsors for OVAS.  He'll be with us on Monday March 26th from 7pm - 9pm to talk to us about ponds, construction, filtration and anything else he can think of.  Bring lots of questions, partially completed plans, ideas, etc to the meeting and we'll have a great session.  If you come prepared with some digital material on a USB Key, I'll be happy to put it upon the screen for everyone to see as we discuss it.

There will be a mini auction as well as snacks and beverages.  Joyce will be ready will all the pond related books that we have in the library, including a new one!

See you there!

washefuzzy

Despite the fact we did not have a full house everyone there really enjoyed their evening. We also had a lot of new members showed up which was great.

touchofsky

Enjoyed the meeting.  Very informative presentation by Richard Inchley.

Laura

Super presentation, sorry I was late.
I assume these the Saturdays that's he's open for retail fish and plant sales? http://www.pondsandaquaria.ca/opendays/

That's interesting that they are seminar times too.

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Nerine

He has also offered to host an OVAS 'field trip' :D So watch for upcoming day when we are all to go out there!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Richard

Just a big thank you to everyone who attended on Monday. It was great to chat with so many pond enthusiasts at an aquarium society!
Laura, to confirm for you, and anyone else interested, the greenhouses are open on saturdays from May 5th to june 23rd. 9AM to 5PM. pond related seminars at 10.30. Check out the website

Let me know Alyssa regards a date for a field trip, evenings, weekends, whatever suits. I can accomodate.

Regards
Richard

Rybren

Richard,

I really enjoyed your presentation.

Thanks.

Jerry
120G Reef