Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

aquascaping (plants)

Started by Raven, October 28, 2005, 02:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

hello. im planting my 10 and 20g and just finishing up on the details.
here is the plan for my 10g
http://photobucket.com/albums/c271/Midnight_Mike/?action=view&current=10gallons.jpg
it will be 1.5 wpg, weekly ferts and root tabs
i dont know what to put as grouind cover in the front right.fron left is a carpet of jva moss. i also dont know what to put in the back corners. keep in mind its a small tank
here is the plan for my 20g
http://photobucket.com/albums/c271/Midnight_Mike/?action=view&current=20gallon.jpg
it will be 2 wpg, weekly fert and root tabs
no idea what to put to the left.anubias afzeli and a jav moss rock in front of it?instead of the corkscrew vals i want to put in an apotogenon crispus. the sag in the right back corner is a platyphyla.any suggestions guys?

Quatro

I recognize a MS Paint expert when I see one (love the pictures).

For the 10gal, what about spiral val in the back corners?
For the 20gal, have you considered Moss Balls?

Mike S

NjOyRiD

you know would it be fun, trying to do a real biotope
personnely, I just love doing that! YOu need to do some reseach, but in the same time, you leanrn a lot of things

if you need help, I'm there..
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

redbelly

what about some smaller peices of drift wood that you could grow some java fern on it you like in the future.
of a pile of slate to contrast the green of the plants in the tank.

slop your gravel from front to back too. visually it adds volume to the tank.

redbelly

also at 1.5wpg i dont think you should be adding fertz weekly.

NjOyRiD

hum i do in my SA acid pool, my plants are really nice!!?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

redbelly

not to sure what the question mark is for but ok.
do you also use root tabs?

my opinion would be that root tabs AND weekly fertz is to much. i dont think that with 1.5 wpg of light you will be able to use up this many nutrients in the water.

BigDaddy

Neither one of those tanks need weekly ferts AND root tabs.

The way your lighting is setup, and based on your current choice of plants, root tabs and water changes will be more than enough for your plants.

Raven

cool. in the 10g bck corners how would h. polysperma be?so i can dich the dry ferts and stick to root tabs?cool. thanks quatro. these pics take forever to make.i will try marimo balls. always wanted some.do you think it will quaify for a pic contest when everythin is well in place and established?cant wait.

Raven

i forgot to ask if my avatar is offending anyone