New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

So long and thanks for all the fish...

Started by garnpet, April 15, 2012, 11:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

With three kids, their activities and my various activities the demands on me far outweigh any free time that I have.  My kids and family should come first and lately they have not.  This is not only in regards to OVAS but also to other activities in my life.  I've taken a long look at these activities and identified those which I will continue with moving forward.

I have therefore decided to step down as OVAS webmaster and "retire" from the Executive.  The transition to a new webmaster will take place over the next couple of months.

It's been an interesting six years on the Exec, but it's time for me to actually enjoy the hobby without the added duties that come with extra time needed to be on the Exec.

Thanks

Peter

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Peekay

Thank YOU for all your time and dedication.   :-*

(gotta love a good HH reference too.)

Brine

thank you Peter for all your hard work.....

FocusFin

It's hard to believe it's only been two and a half years since you took over as webmaster. The number of improvements you've made to the site are considerable given this is not your full-time occupation.

Thanks for everything you've done Peter and I hope your successor shares the same dedication and motivation to keep this site moving forward.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

touchofsky

Thank you for your dedication and hard work.

charlie

I would also like to express my sincere gratitude to Peter for all the hard work & time he has contributed to this club, to his family for putting up with the endless hrs it took away from them Thank you.
You will be missed Peter.
Errol

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

robt18

Thanks for everything Peter! You'll be missed around here and we hope we see you at meetings/auctions/events in the future.

Hookup

Leaving some big shoes to fill.   Thanks for your efforts.  They were and will continue to be felt by all.

redbelly

Sorry to hear you are leaving the exec, you have been an amazing asset to the club.

But glad to hear that you will be taking more time to yourself and that you will have more time to relax and enjoy the hobby.

sas

Thank you for all your help and for taking on the job of Webmaster.

Good choice to keep your family first.
Cheers Sue

White Lightning

Peter, I am certain that you will be missed by the exec committee. During my short time with the exec, I always valued your opinion and knowledge surrounding the club's history.

As mentioned, you have made some great improvements to the forum and I wish to express a sincere thank you for all your efforts, time and devotion to this club!

Cheebs

Nerine

Thank you for all your dedication to the club Peter :D
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

rockgarden

A bit too young for "retirement" but enjoy having more time for other things (including your family).

Ron

Saltcreep

Now you've to break away from SC. Good luck Peter, in whatever you do!

DM

Nyx

Good luck with all your future endeavors, Peter, and thank you for all you've done for OVAS.
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers