New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Not so Lucky @ Lucky`s

Started by charlie, June 22, 2012, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Fishnut

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Nerine

ahhhhhhhhhhhh very sad :( Guess that's why he shut down? lol
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

fischkopp

Did they shout down?

Kinda strange charges though, because technically speaking Ip never brought fish over the boarder. The risk / responsibility lays with the importer, who in this case tries to trick Ip. The only realistic charges are those for the fish that are not allowed in ON. Not saying that Ip did the right thing, just my thoughts.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Quote from: Nerine on June 22, 2012, 11:18:22 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh very sad :( Guess that's why he shut down? lol
I think you are mixing up Frank`s & Lucky`s, it`s Franks that closed.

exv152

I spoke with this guy in person the last time I was in lucky aquarium and he seemed to be on the up and up. I guess you never know who you're dealing with, some people will do anything for money. The other sad part of this is you don't know how many of these fish have been sold/released in the wild thanks to this guy. I understand the arowana sale, but snakeheads are clearly illegal and invasive throughout NA. I wonder how this will affect his status as an official ADA dealer?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

exv152

edit
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Nerine

oh yes! haha too many short names to keep track of ;)

how do people even get a hold of snakeheads to sell here? you always hear of them being released but I've never seen them for sale?

Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

FishBuddy

Quote from: Nerine on June 23, 2012, 08:56:45 PM
oh yes! haha too many short names to keep track of ;)

how do people even get a hold of snakeheads to sell here? you always hear of them being released but I've never seen them for sale?

If you really want to buy one, Spencer has it for sale at the moment :)  Not cheap though..

Check this out:

http://cichlaholic.com/pdf/JUNE_19b.pdf

May be you need a special importer license to do this.

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

exv152

Quote from: Nerine on June 23, 2012, 08:56:45 PM...how do people even get a hold of snakeheads to sell here? you always hear of them being released but I've never seen them for sale?

I think they import them from asia intended for consumption.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Nerine