Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello Everybody!

Started by sylvain4, September 16, 2012, 10:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvain4

Hi there guys! I'm Sylvain, thought I'd introduce myself as I am starting my first real tank. It will be a 55g fresh water tank.

I am still waiting for my substrate before I really get started. I am also looking for some plants to get started with and was wondering if there is a section in this forum where members sell things like plants and maybe fish? The plant section at the store doesn't look too healthy.

Any advice is always welcome!

exv152

Hi Sylvain, Welcome to ovas. What kind of plants are you thinking of starting and white kind of lighting do you have?
Classifieds are here...
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?action=classifieds;cat=1
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

sylros

Welcome to OVAS! Check out the area just for planted tanks. The classifieds are not divided by  categories so you will have to look through the list but the titles should be clear enough. There is also a Looking For section where you might want to post your list of plants. Note that to post you will need an OVAS membership. Also if you can come out on the 22nd for our opening, lots of the planted folks will be there, so you will be able to make some contacts. There are also online stores that sell aquarium plants. Our monthly meetings usually have some for sale at awesome quality and price.

sas

Hi and welcome to the forum side of OVAS.
The suggestion of attending an OVAS meeting is a great one,
since you'll meet some great plant enthusiasts.

sylvain4

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I will definitely try to attend the meetup since it looks like I have a lot to learn.

To exv152: I got some full spectrum T8 bulbs. I just want to start simple really since I am a little overwhelmed with all the information available to me right now. So, simple plants that are pretty easy to maintain to start, and some nice fish that don't cause too much trouble :)

I am still waiting to get all the stuff for my tank like substrate before starting the real research on the fish and plants that I want I guess.

Rybren

120G Reef