Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Reliable source for aquatic plants?

Started by cataze, August 20, 2012, 10:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cataze

Hi everyone,

I would like to try my hand at a couple of easy, low-light plants in my 20G.  I currently have one Betta in there, with aspirations of adding some Cories in the future.

So far I'm thinking of Wisteria and Java Fern.  Maybe some Vallisneria.  But I'm having trouble finding them, or finding them in good condition.  I'm in the East end of Ottawa, and the Pet/Fish stores I've been to either don't have what I'm looking for, or the plants are half brown.

Are there any reliable online sellers that are in or ship to Canada?  Or should I just wait for some new plants to come in at the stores?

Thanks for your help (and patience...I'm a plant newbie! :-[ )
Cate

hobo

try Big Als on Innes the best time right after a shipment the go fast

exv152

Quote from: hobo on August 20, 2012, 11:23:22 PM
try Big Als on Innes the best time right after a shipment the go fast

+1, if you ask BA's staff when their next plant shipment is, you'll find the newer plants to be in much better shape. Or try the classifieds here.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Brine

La Niche...by far the best around in my mind. Here is a list of plants they got in last week.
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=54458.0

Jeff1192

Quote from: Brine on August 21, 2012, 06:01:21 PM
La Niche...by far the best around in my mind. Here is a list of plants they got in last week.
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=54458.0

+1......and then some.....the store is fantastic. All the tanks are clean and the plants are in great shape!
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

cataze

Thanks everyone.  I have been to Big Al's on Innes.  I guess I will ask when their next shipment is the next time I'm in there.

I actually work in Gatineau very close to La Niche, but I've never been in there.  I've never even noticed it, but I just went to the website and now I know where it is.  I'm always in such a rush when I'm on my way home, since it's such a long drive back to Orleans, but I should check it out at lunch and have my wishlist ready!

Thanks for your help everyone!  ;D

dbl_dbl

Big Al's Innes just got a nice shipment.