Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Upside-down cat, should I have more than 1

Started by GrapeApe, November 08, 2005, 10:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrapeApe

I've heard they like to have buddies.  Is this known fact?

I have 1 and want to make sure he stays happy! :)

mseguin

GrapeApe

Ok, cool, thx!

Do you get paid to work these forums? lol

mseguin

GrapeApe

Just every time I have a question you answer it in less than 2 minutes!  Not complaining at all ;)  just figured you should get paid for that kind of service.

thx again!

mseguin

What can I say, I'm a loser  :o I spned a lot of time online i'm one of those people who gets alot done with the internet.

NjOyRiD

i just hope you have a lot of space because they get big :)
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

GrapeApe

Looks like contractus to me.  Got it at BA Innes maybe a month ago, was in last week and they still had them.

mseguin

It would be nigriventris then.
95% of the time it'll be a nigriventris.

GrapeApe

Could be, the picture on that link for the nigriventis was hard to see, almost looks like it's partially transparent.  

I have high 8.2ph maybe a titch high for nigriventis, but really high for the other 2 types.

mseguin

They should be ok, nigriventris are pretty hardy.
The only Synos I remmeber us ahving in the last few weeks are nigriventris, eupterus, multipuncatus, and angelisicus, and they're all very distinctive.

This is what a typical nigriventris looks like.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/mochokid/synodont/334_2.php

GrapeApe

Must be nigriventis then.  That pic looks blue/purple.  My cat is chocolate brown/dark brown and black.

mseguin

THe pic is messed up a bit, the pale area sometimes has a bit ofa pinkish hue top it