Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

PJ Pets

Started by lucius, October 30, 2012, 10:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

I wasn't sure where to post this so I will post it here.  I recently saw an episode of Undercover Boss Canada featuring PJ Pets.  There's a PJ Pets in Brockville, about an hour and 40 minutes away for me.  Anbody been there?  Is it worth a trip out there?

Brine

I lived in Brockville for about 4 months last year. PJ's is OK. It is the only game in town so I was there once a week or so. They had a Fahaka puffer which you don't see often but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there.

dpatte

PJ Pets in Montreal (Atwater) was the first store I ever saw that sold saltwater fish. That was in the early 70s. Technology sure has change since then!
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

charlie

Quote from: lucius on October 30, 2012, 10:14:09 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this so I will post it here.  I recently saw an episode of Undercover Boss Canada featuring PJ Pets.  There's a PJ Pets in Brockville, about an hour and 40 minutes away for me.  Anbody been there?  Is it worth a trip out there?
For me not worth the drive, it`s nothing compared to the ones you saw on undercover boss, very similar to Petsmart on Merivale behind the Buffet house.

bergenm

I believe that store in Brockville was a Super Pet Express that was forced under the PJ's banner during the sale of Super Pet to Pet Smart.

It would not be comparable to their flagship stores.
Michael

76brian

Finaddicts in Kingston is a longer drive, but if you're in that neck of the woods it's definitely worth a stop.