Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fish :)

Started by Nerine, November 14, 2012, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

Thanks to Fishnut! I now have 2  more convicts! woot! they were on sale at BA's and I couldn't make it to Ottawa in time to get them... there were a few more, but they have since passed on...and I think one more might die :( they are nasty to each other!

I am realllly hoping that they will get along with the ones I have and I can sort them out and pick a pair out of them!!! Been trying to get some at a decent size for a long time! The ones I have I got from someone in Montreal as fry! and TINY fry at that!! they are finally a decent size, and now I'm so happy that the ones BA's had were big too!!

It's been awhile since I've bought fish :D and got the itch again! and I will be setting up a school with a fish tank too! They have been doing goldfish yearly and said they do that because they always die...but they just stick them in a jar! eep! so I will be going in and donating the supplies they will need to have a proper fish tank for the classroom! I wish OVAS could get into all the schools to help them set their tanks up properly. I'll be doing a short talk on how to care for fish. It should be a lot of fun :)

Now to think of what other fish I can stuff into a tank...glo lights, Harlequin raspboras andddddddd....hmmmmm

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts