Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

For Micro fish fans

Started by Fishnut, November 08, 2012, 01:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

It seems like someone at BA Innes knew it was my birthday this week because when I went in on Monday to get some fish for a friend, they had just received a shipment of some mini corydoras!!  I've been looking for a healthy group of these fish for a very very long time :)

I went back today to see how the fish were doing.  They have a bunch of c. pygmeatus but they weren't very lively...trying to hide in the gaps between the gravel stones.  I got a group of c. habrosus, which were swimming all over the tank.  They get slightly bigger, but only 1.5" :)

My QT tank is suddenly teeming with activity...30 c. habrosus and 12 CPD's :)  That blew my fish budget for the next 3 months!

daworldisblack

Nice Find! How much were they?!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Micro fish are awesome! Did you notice any other species while you were there, CPDs, chilis, etc.?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

fischkopp

I picked up a group of C. habrosus at last year's OCA Extra. Cute little cories, almost a little too small. :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Fishnut

Both dwarf cory species were $2 each...discounted if you buy more.

There were also some CPD's there (facing reptiles) but I bought 12 of them.  Not too sure if/how many are left.  They're in very good shape if there are any left!!

exv152

Good grade CPDs are hard to find.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

dbl_dbl

SHHHH....dont tell anyone where the CPD's are....we want to keep them for ourselves.

The dwarf corys are flying out. It's like when we got our first Cardinal shipment in months and we went from hundreds to a dozen in about 6 customers lol

wrm130

CPD are great little fish!  Mine breed like crazy! But they're terrible parents:-P