New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

24 Gallon Tank

Started by androo303, January 12, 2013, 01:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

androo303

Hey All, after moving into my new place and getting a new camera, I finally have some decent photos  of my tank.

You'll notice that I have replaced the wood, filtration, and removed some of the plants because it was becoming a bit of an amazon in there. Please let me know what i can do to make it look better. :)

Also, I am starting to get into another round of what looks to be BBA. I have upped my CO2 dosing today so hopefully that will cull the outbreak. What types of fish should I get to help the ecosystem? I was thinking some Japanese Algae Eaters and some snails, but since I have an open top tank I think snails may be out of the question.

Cheers,
Andrew

pm

I like it, very clean looking.  Thanks for the pics!

exv152

Hey Andrew, Awesome job, the tank is looking very nice. It's about time you posted some pictures of your setup.
:)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Finally! Nice ! I really like it! Its so simple yet looks awesome. The driftwood is definitely a nice piece! Soon as the carpet of dwarf sag spreads it should be good. Or you can get some blyxia in the area around the DW base!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

sas

charlie

androo303

Thanks all! It's a lot of work but it is nice to see the end result, now just to get rid of my BBA.

Quote from: daworldisblack on January 12, 2013, 10:00:47 PM
Soon as the carpet of dwarf sag spreads it should be good. Or you can get some blyxia in the area around the DW base!

The dwarf sag just recently exploded and started growing like mad, which I am über excited about. I used to have some blyxa that you gave me but it started dying for some reason. So I decided to rip it out instead of trying to fix the problem. One thing I think is a problem is that I haven't inserted any fret tabs since we moved in about 6 months ago, so I will make a stop off at BA to get some fret tabs and a couple of japanese algae eaters.