Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

UV sterilizer 18W $15 13W $25 at rona.

Started by blueknight0303, January 02, 2013, 07:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timm3h

Check your boxes carefully. The ones there were all returned open box. The first box I got had missing pieces. The warning labels have been ripped off the cords. Hopefully the bulbs are still good.

Habsfan

Yeah, one of the ones I got was missing a lens. I'm checking them completely tonight to see what else might be missing. I figure I'll hold onto both just to have the spare bulb.

Timm3h

The one I swapped out had the lens. I am sure you could go back and ask.

Severum

Well Rona cancelled the order today. For those who haven't picked one up in store you may be out of luck.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

Habsfan

I suspect you may have received the last complete one Timm3h

Timm3h

There was a person in there at the same time as me who snagged 2.

While the price was great. I have seen them on the internet for around the same price.

Timm3h

My light doesn't seem to work? Anyone test theirs?

Stussi613

Quote from: Timm3h on January 04, 2013, 05:49:11 PM
My light doesn't seem to work? Anyone test theirs?

I hope everyone who bought these knows you cant look directly at the light that comes out of these. It's pure UVA, UVB and UVC and will cause severe sunburns and can damage your corneas...up to blindness.  They also produce ozone if the UVC is exposed to oxygen, and ozone is baaaad for you.
I haz reef tanks.

blueknight0303

if u read the instructions... light wont work when its outside the tube for safety reasons..

Timm3h

Mine is in the casing and I can hear the safety switch being pressed.

blueknight0303

hmm... im gonna check mine tomorrow... if it doesnt work ill just ask for a replacement. rona at innes would be my first victim =D.