Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

broken aquarium hoods??

Started by greenthumbs, December 26, 2012, 09:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brine

I edited my last post and removed the childish thing. That was uncalled for.  :-[ I do know you and you are a nice guy...well as far as I can tell anyway  ;)
I was wondering why the ad was still here. I just don't see the ambiguity myself.

greenthumbs

like i said before, call the fish police.... hahahaha..... someones violated the laws of the forum. ::) and they must be dealt with to the full extent.  sarcasm intended.

Brine

It is not about you. If someone can post a Looking For ad in the DIY section what is the point of having a Looking For section?

greenthumbs

last time i checked "looking" for help and "asking" for help mean the same thing. But whatever, like i said its a matter of opinion. Life goes on... nice to meet you by the way, too bad we didnt get off on the right foot LOL ;)

Darth

Quote from: greenthumbs on December 29, 2012, 02:34:34 PM
I agree that i may have broken some "rules" it was not my intention. Feel free to delete the thread if you wish. I solved my issue. and im sure taht the moderators or the powers that be, do not want this discussion in the DIY equipment section.  thanks everyone for your help, the ones that helped anyways.

Maybe next time a newbie makes a mistake send them a PM instead of complaining.If you have nothing good to say dont say it at all.

Take care
In all honesty ( at least my opinion) I don't think this was meant towards you, it just happen to be the post that brought this whole fiasco up again, I don't believe it was personally directed towards you, but I could be wrong

Nerine

back on topic people!! stop thread jacking that is against the rules :P :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
so what did you do to fix your problem??

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

greenthumbs

I ended up using the acrylic plastic sheet idea..cant remember who posted it, but thanks. With the acrylic I made the lid and a box with air holes to go around my light just to keep it from sliding off incase of a cat attack. It looks hidious because of the clear acrylic around the light but if i could paint silicone i would paint it black. Maybe when i replace the bulb and have to remove the silicone ill just use black plastic. Or i was also thinking aluminum tape and give it the chrome look, id leave the lid part clear of course.